Below are some of the groups and individuals that have been beneficiaries of the donations and the contributions raised by the Loveall Foundation for Children:
- Best Buddies
- Boys and Girls Club of Chicago: Take Back our Neighborhoods
- Ecology lab for students K-6
- Sponsorship of Winter Wonderland and other programs at Fairytale Town and Bayside Outreach.
- Support for court-appointed child advocates.
- Assistance to adoptive and foster families caring for special-needs children.
- Household assistance to help single moms achieve independence.
- Transportation assistance to struggling adolescent to empower him to continue with school and getting a job.
- Humanitarian missions in various underdeveloped countries
- Innovative technology permitting homebound children to be in classrooms via robotic assistance
- Youth drug and alcohol use and abuse prevention
- Horseback riding therapy for disabled youth
- Youth intervention, mentoring, education and after-school programs
- Shelter for physically and mentally abused children
- Help for at-risk and troubled youth
- Assistance to children battling cerebral palsy
- Children with AIDS provided with clothing, housing, school supplies and summer camp
- Camp for severely burned children
- The First Tee (providing life skills and core values through youth development programs)
You can now personalize your donation by directing your gift to an area with special meaning to you and your family.
Click the link below to see a few areas where donations to the Loveall Foundation make an impact in the lives of children. You can also suggest a new idea and donate to that cause.
- Medical insurance to assure coverage for children
- “Adoption” of children of widowed mothers
- Kohl Angelo in his battle against a rare brain cancer
- Avalon Academy (for children with movement disorders)
- National child abuse prevention and awareness campaigns and programs at Wellspring Women’s Center for abused women and children
- School for autistic children
- “Adoption” of special-needs and foster children
- School lunch, snack and summertime recreational programs
- Programs for children with hearing loss
- Luther Burbank High School (boys’ volleyball program)
- Kilimanjaro Challenge (Children’s leukemia & lymphoma care and research)
- Haiti earthquake relief
- Education on the dangers of crystal meth
- Ethiopian children with AIDS
- Orphanages in Haiti, India, Mexico, Iraq and Israel
- Families devastated by Hurricane Katrina
- Funeral expenses for the stillborn child of a Union member
- Underprivileged and homeless youth provided with school uniforms, books and hygiene supplies
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Families “adopted” for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Aid to child of UFCW striker who needed open-heart surgery
- Aid to 14 families who lost parents in the World Trade Center attacks
- A scholarship fund for fatherless children
- Neo-natal intensive care units
Founded in 1997 and nurtured ever since by the staff, family and friends of UFCW 8-Golden State, the Loveall Foundation for Children provides meaningful opportunities to children to overcome challenges, live better lives and reach their full potential. Contributions to our all-volunteer non-profit organization go directly to programs benefiting children near and far.